Industrial Training/Full-time Employment

Assalamullaikum w.b.t and hello everyone! So as for today's post, I would like to talk about my experience in completing my Industrial Training or Internship during my Diploma years at Jabatan Kastam Diraja Malaysia in Negeri Sembilan. Also, I will be highlighting my full-time employment experience as customer service for Shopee at MidValley KL. Basically, these are the two different things that happened in 2019 as many of my friends or followers thought I did my internship at Shopee, or people would assume I started working at JKDM after my Diploma back then.

To clear some air, I will be explaining these two experiences working in two different fields as both of them have the pros and cons and I'm sure this would be a helpful post for the future graduates who are looking for a job or finding placement for their internship. I understand that today's pandemic might affect the students in finding their placement or graduates who are looking for a full-time job. I hope things will be easy for you and may you have found what you are looking for. To begin, I will be talking about my Industrial Training first. Kindly be informed, your internship for Diploma is 16 weeks period.

I have to admit, finding a placement for your internship is as difficult as finding full-time employment, as you need to compete with hundreds of thousands of students who are having the same issue. For instance, JKDM is my last-minute option and I guessed that when you apply at the last minute, you will get it. I was in my last semester of Diploma and I receive a call from one of the staff recruitment that I was accepted to part of JKDM for my internship. What a relief back then, I have nothing to worry about as I was already secured my placement. I started in May 2019 until September 2019.

However, since you were a language student, doing your internship at the Government Organisation doesn't give you much work to do. Yes, one of the cons. I basically have nothing much to do or to help the staff. I even have changed departments twice due to less work and they need me to gain something while being a practical student there. Alas, what I gained from my internship at JKDM is that you will understand how the organisation works, you will have free food every morning, and you get the chance to went for an operation just like the other staff did. At least something in return.

After I've completed 16 weeks of internship, I went back to my college to submit my report and finally I have gotten my internship result and pass with flying colours. After that, from October 2019 until January 2020 I begin to work for Shopee as I feel like I wanted to fill my 4 months gap before my Diploma convocation in MAEPS. I was recommended by my friend Adam, that Shopee has openings and they were looking for Customer Service. Since I'm an English Communication student, I feel like that would be the best option to work. Hence, why didn't I think of applying to Shopee for my internship?

After I've been accepted to be part of Shopee, I could say I learn a lot more compare to JKDM which I only gain less. It's true. Shopee taught me how to deal with people, connect with customers, and develop good and effective communication skills. Now I know customer services may not be the most glamorous job position to have or to begin with, but the most important thing is the experience you will have by working and that experience will teach you the true meaning of success. I highly believe it. I'm glad to have experience working for Shopee.

To conclude, I only lasted for 4 months. Which is similar to my internship period. It's because I receive the chance to pursue my bachelor's degree in Mass Comm. at UiTM Shah Alam. At first, I had doubts about whether to further my studies or just continue working. But after receives tons of advice from families and friends, I chose to pursue my studies. I did not regret even a bit due to this global pandemic. I know, it's all that has been written for me by the Almighty. Whatever experience you had, cherish it. As it will be a motivational platform for you to succeed :D

ps: these are the pics of my moments working in Shopee 




Comments

Popular Posts